Optimums occupational therapists are available to work under DVA, Medicare, NDIS and home care packages and provide a wide variety of services.
What do our occupational therapists do?
- Using specialised assessments to determine the functional requirements of various jobs, and clients’ capacity to return to work.
- Designing and coordinating graded return to work programs.
- Educating clients in safe work practices.
- Modifying the work environment to suit the needs of individuals so as to prevent or minimise injuries.
Rehabilitation and aged care:
- Helping clients regain or enhance their daily lives after specific events such as hip replacement or stroke.
- Assessing and modifying clients’ home and community environments to improve their safety and independence.
- Prescribing and educating clients and carers in the use of adaptive equipment to assist function.
- Specialist interventions in various health conditions including surgery, burns, HIV and acute mental health.
- Assessing clients’ cognition, function and psychosocial needs.
- Monitoring clients’ function and progress, prescribing adaptive equipment to ensure safety upon discharge from hospitals.
Our Occupational Therapists are available on-site and in our clinics.
Contact us to book an appointment or to enquire for more information about our Occupational therapy services.