A Pre-Employment Medical is an assessment and evaluation of an individual’s physical capacity to safely perform the critical demands of their job role. Not only should a pre-employment assessment determine the candidates ability to perform the role or not, but should also establish a benchmark for any progressive disability, limiting the extent of any future liability for the employer should that person become injured at all.
An employer who fails to implement an appropriate assessment protocol that adequately assesses for their organizational demands is one who leaves themselves wide open to potential high risk employees and subsequent compensation claims.
Our quality occupational health assessors are skilled at obtaining information relating to current and past injuries and ailments that a prospective employee may not have revealed to the employer helping you identify candidates who are high risk of claims, have pre-existing injuries or conditions that may affect you as an employer down the track.
Our pre-employment assessments include
- medical history questionnaire and review
- previous injury analysis and risk assessment;
- clinical musculoskeletal pathology examination;
- cardiovascular assessment (blood pressure and pulses)
- body measurements / anthropometrics
- lung function assessment
- vision assessment (near vison, distance vision and colour vision)
- joint range of motion;
- spinal assessment;
- task specific functional/lifting assessment;
- basic manual handling training;
- grip strength;
- hernia identification
- audiometric screening (hearing levels)
- contact with GP when necessary;
- verbal and written report including risk rating and recommendations for risk reduction strategies.
- Optional Additional Assessments (additional cost dependent on volume):
- Drug and Alcohol Testing
- Full spirometry
Optimum provides a written report that you can understand, specifically scoring each risk that has been identified, as well as recommendations for risk reduction strategies. Additionally provide a verbal outline of the report and assessment findings.
Our commitment to you is to complete the assessment and report findings to you, the employer, within 24 hours.